Beautiful

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

#Wordless Wednesday My Favorite Flaky Biscuit Recipe






I love biscuits.  I love cornbread too.  It is hard to say which is my favorite but I am going to say that biscuits is number one with me.




Ingredients
  • 2 cups plain flour - sifted
  • 3½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 113 grams butter (1/2 cup) cold butter cut into ½ inch cubes
  • ⅔ cup milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 450.
  2. Place dry ingredients in a food processor and whiz to combine.
  3. Add butter and pulse til the butter looks like peas.
  4. Dump into a mixing bowl and add the milk and honey and stir until it comes together.
  5. Place on a lightly floured surface (I use a silicone mat because it's easy to clean) and knead several times to work the gluten
  6. Then pat the dough with your fingers to about ¾ inch high. You can go lower and get more biscuits but they won't be as high.
  7. You can cut them with a biscuit cutter, a tin can or a glass but don't use a seesaw approach as that will reduce the rise.
  8. If you want soft edges like I do, place them about an inch apart on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
  9. I used a knife and cut them square and had no leftovers. Put  biscuits on a baking sheet about two inches apart. If you like softer edges from a “pull-apart” biscuit, put them close together in a pan.
  10. You may brush the tops with melted butter or milk before baking but I always brush with butter right after they come out of the oven.
  11. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
  12. I like to let them rest for about twenty minutes before baking, but, seriously, my babies don’t sleep that long, so I usually just throw them in the oven. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until they are done to your liking.
 
 
 
I hope you try this recipe and love it like I do.  My husband is crazy over these biscuits too.  Let me know if you try them.
 
 I found the recipe here.



1 comment:

Cascia Talbert said...

That sounds delicious! I love home made biscuits. Thanks for linking up for Wordless Wednesday and for posting our button on your site. Have a great weekend!