Beautiful

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Retirement Life Is Good.





Hi my friends,

I thought this video of a retired police dog was cute.

I hope you are having a really good day.  I thought I would give you a run down of a normal day in my life.
My life doesn't seem to be a very exciting one.  Some days are exciting to me.  Some days are precious.  Some days I'd like to just stay in bed.
My husband and I are both over 60.  If you are over sixty you probably know how your body doesn't move as fast as it used to.  But that is ok.  You are probably still able to do what needs to be done and feel satisfied that you did your best at the end of the day.
I feel that way most of the time.  Some days I feel overwhelmed.  My thoughts seem scattered and my memory goes on vacation.  It can be so frustrating.  I used to be able to help my husband remember where things were and when his appointments were.  Now it is every man for himself.
Nights can be frustrating too.  For as long as I remember I have had sleep problems.  Now my husband does too.  I either wake him up or he wakes me up.  After awhile you learn to take cat naps during the day.
Whenever we have some energy we both know we better get busy doing something before our energy gets gone.  It has a way of coming and going and not staying long.  It doesn't seem like I get much done throughout the day.  I have started writing down the things I do each day so that I can see that I have actually done something.
I am a quiet person and my husband is the opposite.  There are times when we get on each others nerves.  Does that sound familiar?  I go in the laundry room to calm down and have some quiet.  I get some of the washing done at the same time.  It works out pretty good that way.
I live in the south in a small town.  I love it here.  It is quiet most of the time.  I live in a little corner of our neighborhood.  I know most people would consider me anything but rich.  But my idea of rich is having peace and my family being happy and safe.

No comments: