Beautiful

Friday, September 18, 2009

Every Day Greatness by Stephen R. Covey: A Book Review


Everyday Greatness, Inspiration for a Meaningful Life, by Stephen R. Covey and Reader's Digest. Compiled by David K. Hatch. This book is one of the most inspirational books I have ever read. It is a compilation of stories from the Reader's Digest. Some are from years ago and some are more recent. Each story is relevant for us today.

The book has 445 pages in it. It is divided into seven sections. The first one is about Searching For Meaning. Mr. Covey asks the question, "How would you choose to spend the next year if you knew it was your last?

Each section talks about a quality that is needed in our life. There are stories of real people in each section. There is a story by Chuck Norris, there is one about Pope John Paul II, and many others.

One of my favorite quotes in the book is, "Courage is being scared to death--and saddling up anyway." By John Wayne.

In the section on respect there is this quote: "Oh, Great Spirit, help me never to judge another until I have walked two weeks in his moccasins." Sioux Indian Prayer



I have thoroughly enjoyed this book. If you get a chance to read it, I believe you will love it as much as I did. I am a Thomas Nelson Blog Reviewer.

Below is a link to the book if you would like to purchase it.


Everyday Greatness: Inspiration for a Meaningful Life - Hardcover

No comments: