Beautiful

Friday, April 24, 2009

When You Lose a Loved One

It is so difficult when you lose a loved one. I wish I knew how to help other people with this loss.

I lost my Dad a year ago to Alzeimers Disease. I helped to take care of him for three or four years. He just gradually got worse. We took long walks and went to Walmart's. That was his favorite things to do in those last years. It finally got to the place where he could not get out anymore. I stayed at his little apartment with him part time during the week. Others in the family stayed on weekends and at other times. We hired a nurse for the evenings.

The day came when we knew he needed to go to a nursing home. It was the hardest decision we ever made. But we felt it was the right one.

Dad was there about a year or so when he passed away. I miss him everyday. I have dreams about him and think about him all the time.

Make the most of the time you have with your loved ones. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: