Beautiful

Friday, October 6, 2017

Back Yard View From Our Little Homestead In Florida


Our life is simple here in rural Florida.  In the picture you can see the fields behind us. I love seeing the bales of hay just cut.  Behind the pasture and the fields is a mobile home park.

We live on an acre of land that we think is beautiful.  I call it our little cubbie hole.  We are at the very end of a dirt road.  There is a small orange grove on one side of us.

Most people consider us less than rich.  But I don't.  This is where my parents lived for many years.  There are a lot of good memories here.  My husband and I are still able to take care of each other. We have a church we go to not far away.

My husband has a fall garden started.  I don't remember ever having a fall garden but it is doing really well.  We are learning to grow the Mittleider way.

We are working at making the yard a little nicer.  It is something we like to plan and do together.  Our project we are working on right now is cleaning around the drive and fenced area out front.

I keep looking for little ways to save money.  That is what my mom used to do.  I didn't understand back then why she did all those little things.  I know now.  It is a lifestyle.  Also, it is fun to find different ways to save money.  It gives you a good feeling knowing that you are helping your family.  Also, you help the environment at the same time.

There is a lot of people going back to homesteading now.  I love to watch their videos and see how they do things.  It gives me ideas to try here in our neck of the woods.

The book below is my favorite book to read.  I have read it about six or seven times.  It helps me stay more focused.

No comments: