Beautiful

Monday, November 19, 2012

Do We Do What We Read?





Do we read the Bible and do what it says?  Or do we read it and think about doing it and then soon forget what we have read?  The Bible says that if we do what the Bible says we will be blessed.

I have a calendar on the wall with birthdays circled on it.  I usually check it out at the first of the month and then think to myself "Ok, I need to get this person a nice card or a gift that would show that I love them".  But somehow, that birthday sneeks up on me.  I looked at the calendar.  I thought about the birthday, but I forgot about it in the busyness of life.

I think that is how I sometimes do God.  He tells me something in His Word but I get busy with something I think is important and forget the most important thing.  I forget the word the Lord was impressing on my heart.  Then I go on my way as usual and don't do the thing God pointed out to me.

Blessed is the man or woman who does the will of God.

photo by rollingroscoe
 

No comments: