" So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore" is a book on this very subject. It is quite interesting. It has a lot of good reviews.
Ten Reasons Why We Should Go to Church
By Karen Dobson
Do you sometimes wonder why you need to go to church? Sometimes I get so busy that I think, "Why do I need to go today? I'm tired." It is easy to forget that you are a part of a spiritual community. You are a part of the body. And someone may be there waiting for a good church welcome just from you! The truth is we really need to go.
Whenever I make myself go to church I usually feel better. I am blessed by the service. I am blessed by singing praises to God.
I listed below 10 reasons why we should go to church.
- If we are Christians we have the Holy Spirit within us. Everywhere we go, He goes. When you are in church with other Christians you have more power from above.
- When we go to church we sing praises and thank God for His goodness to us.
- As Christians we are all one body; we need to fellowship with each other.
- When you go to church faithfully you are a witness to others. Your neighbors and relatives see you go to church.
- We are one in spirit. Holy Spirit activates our worship.
- We are one in hope. When we gather at church we give each other hope and encouragement.
- As we go to church we become more fulfilled in the Spirit and become closer to God.
- We show support and love to each other.
- We stand strong when we are together.
- We gather strength for the rest of the week. Our lives can be hectic and difficult sometimes. We need the strength we get from being with other Christians.