Beautiful

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays and Other Celebs


My husband and I were talking and I told him that I thought the death of Michael Jackson had overshadowed that of Farrah Fawcett. He said that's true. But what about all the other people that died at the same time they did. They were being overshadowed and forgotten too.
Billy Mays, Ed McMahon died too in these past few days. It seems overwhelming to me. There is nothing wrong with honoring these people but I can't help thinking that our priorities are off.
I am wondering about all the good hard working people that loved their family and their country. They worked hard, cared about their neighbors, and helped others in need. What about those people? What about the men and women in the military that have given their lives for us to be free? What about the policemen who have died in the line of duty to protect us? The list goes on and on.
These are things I ponder over and wonder about.

No comments: