Beautiful

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Dear Friend Went Home



I went to a funeral for a dear friend of mine.  I hadn't seen her in several years.  To be honest I had gotten so busy with my life that I kind of forgot about her.  Then I got the call that she had passed away. 

She was a little older than me and when I started going to church she became my mentor.  She took me under her wing.  I don't think she ever knew how much she encouraged and helped me.  She took care of the nursery for years and I was able to help her.  From this time with her I learned that I really could work with children.  That is a big thing for someone with very little confidence  like me.

She was a dedicated Christian and kept going no matter what.  She had some pretty tough times in her life but she kept on believing and trusting in the Lord. 

I know that she is in Heaven now and enjoying the whole experience!


No comments: