Beautiful

Friday, August 5, 2011

We are having a family reunion before long in honor of my Mom and Dad.  I was trying to think of some memories to share and I thought of several.  The one that keeps coming to my mind is when I was a little girl.  I must of been about three or so.  We had gone out to a lake to swim.  There were two slides, one was for the bigger kids and then there was a little one.  My mom an dad said that I could not go on the big one.  I went anyway.  I remember sliding down and going under the water.  I kept turn over and over and all I could see were bubbles and sand.  All of a sudden I saw my dad's legs in the water.  He scooped me up and carried me to safety.

That memory makes me think of God.  He tells me not to do something and I do it anyway.  Then when I go under and there is no way up, I call on Him and He comes and scoops me up.  He forgives me and loves me.  Just like my Dad did. He carries me to safety.

1 comment:

THE HAMMER said...

this is encouraging, we are often told by God not to do something or go in a certain direction ,but we do anyways and get in trouble. thank God for Jesus who is always there to rescue us from trouble.


may God bless you and your family.
rev. j.l. smith