Beautiful

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Giving Comfort to Others Helps to Comfort Us


So many people are hurting right now. There are so many different heartaches. You may think there is no hope but there is. We can have hope in God's promises. He said He would never leave us or forsake us.

I know it is hard to remember when you are hurting from surgery or an accident or an illness. It is hard to be optimistic when the pain rolls over you like a wave. Or maybe your loved one is hurting and you have to watch in helplessness.

I think the greatest pain in my heart is because of family issues. It just doesn't seem to go away. But even though the pain does not go away, God is still with me. I might not be able to feel His presence but I know that He keeps His promises. I can count on that.

If you are going through a tough time, it can help to think of someone else that could use some encouragement or a kindness. A phone call or a card or maybe a meal might help that other person and help you at the same time.





1 comment:

Lori Laws said...

Hi, how are you! I haven't been here in a while. I'm adding you to my blog list so I don't keep forgetting to come here. such a nice blog! Blessings!