Beautiful

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Worry Less


More Life, Less Worry

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Luke 12:25

"What if she gets hurt?"
"What if some of the girls ignore her?"
"What if..." I had a whole list of 'what if" worries to give my husband when our daughter left for her first youth-group retreat.
You see, I'm a worrier. But admit it--it's easy to worry when a child is out of sight, right? I've always worried when others are in charge of her ever since she fell and cut her lip right before my husband and I went out for our first "date" since adopting her. I called home to check with the babysitter--twice--while we sat at a "relaxing" meal...And the babysitter was my mom!
Okay, I'm a worrier. but I've improved. Really. I've noticed that when I trust God a little bit more, I worry a little bit less. That's better, isn't it? And life is so much sweeter.
Worry unplugs us from God's Power source. Kathryn Lay

The above story is from the book, "A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Women" by James Stewart Bell and Carol McLean Wilde. It has stories and writings by different women.


A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters: Daily Reminders of God's Love and Grace

No comments: