Beautiful

Monday, August 3, 2009

Ease Tension in Marriage

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God." James 1: 19, 20

If you are looking for a way to help ease tension in your marriage, try putting into practice the above verse. Listen to the other person. Wait to speak. Think about your answer. Don't be overcome with anger. It will take a little effort on your part, especially if you don't see any effort by the other person. But just tell yourself you will try it for two weeks. See if there is a difference. If you can see improvement in your home then you will know it is working.

It may mean you have to bite your tongue and count to ten quite frequently. At first, you may not notice a difference. But keep trying.

I am going to make the effort the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, I will make it through the first day. I know the devil will be fighting me all the way. It will take some discipline and prayer. If I make it through two weeks I will let you know.

It is worth a little effort to improve your relationship.



No comments: