He talked about how families can draw closer together during these tough economic times. But this does not always happen. When money pressures start building up it causes a person to get worried and stressed out. This can cause someone to explode at who ever is around. Usually it is a loved one that is the line of fire.
It doesn't have to be that way. Don't let the stress and worry and money overcome you. Dr. Phil gives these tips:
- Forgive yourself. You got caught in a storm of conditions. You did not do something terrible.
- You're not alone. Don't draw into an emotional cocoon, stewing about your misfortune.
- Focus on the present. You may feel an almost overwhelming grief at all you have lost but this is the time to live in the here and now not yesterday.
- Make the hard decisions. If you need to sell the house or find a different type of job to stay afloat then do it.
- The silver lining. What if this financial crisis we are all facing is not all bad? What if it is like a fire which consumes what is in its path but sets off a new beginning? Seize this opportunity to use this to improve your life, your family bonds, and your feeling of self-worth.