Beautiful

Monday, May 11, 2009

Fear Robs You of Joy

In the book "Loving God with all Your Mind" by Elizabeth George, she writes about a woman that she met at a conference. The woman barely raised her head to look at her. She was gripped with fear. She said that this woman's face was robbed of the smile lines God meant for her to have. God's desire is that she might live an abundant life yet fear was robbing her of joy. I can relate to this woman. I am so fearful and afraid. I am afraid of people, I am afraid of the future, I am afraid of failing and so many other things.

But God does not want me to live this way. What can we do to overcome our fears? How can we keep fear from robbing us of peace and happiness? Remember that fear is rooted in thoughts. The thoughts of things that are not real. What we think must be true. As we think on the truth in God's Word, He will calm our fears about the future and about the past.

We should not think "what if" but what is reality. Not what will happen in the future. What if is not real but a guess. The future is in God's hands. He will take care of us. He will help us.

Today is real and God gives us grace for today.

No comments: