Beautiful

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Focus On Your Purpose

                                            photo from Morguefile.com


"Focus on your purpose, not your problems. Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal. If you want to accomplish your goals, remember the reason and the reward."  Quote from the Daniel Plan blog post.

I saw this quote in the Daniel Plan blogpost this afternoon.  I tend to be so focused on what I see as problems and frustrations.  After reading this I saw how I normally focus on things that I can't change in my own power.  I give up and stop trying.  I need to ask why?  Why am I wanting to do this?  Is it to please God?  If that is the reason then surely God will help me.  He will show me the work he wants me to do and give me the ability to do it.

He is the one I can count on for wisdom and strength.  If I do it in my own strength and for the wrong reasons, I will not get too far.

Do you have this habit?  Magnifying the pain, the stress, the hurtful words of others? If so, remember this quote:  "Focus on your purpose, not your problems."





No comments: