Beautiful

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Prayer Walking On The National Day Of Prayer

personal photo
 
Hello, It seems fitting that on the National Day of Prayer to have a post on praying.  One of my favorite ways to pray is by walking in the woods or on some country path.  It seems to help me to concentrate better.  Maybe it is the peaceful atmosphere.
 
Can I pray for you and our country?
 
Dear Lord,
You are in charge of our world.  Sometimes we forget that.  Help us to remember that you are in charge and that nothing is going to happen that YOU cannot handle. 
 
Teach us to pray dear Lord.  It is so hard sometimes to know what to pray or how to pray.  Show us how you want us to pray.  Help us to see how important it is and how we must take the time to do it.  I don't know exactly why it is so hard to pray.  There are different reasons I think.  Satan loves to keep us from it because it is so important.   Then there is our busy-ness of life.  There is always so much to do.  There are so many people who need us.  Help us to get our directions for our daily lives from you Father.
 
 
I pray for our country dear Lord.  I pray that our leaders will make the right decisions for all the people in America.  I pray that our land will once again look to you for guidance. 
 
Give us courage dear Lord to do what is right even when it is not popular.  Give us wisdom to know what to say and when to say it.
 
Help us as a people and a country to be guided by the light of love.  Help us to help the hurting and the forgotten. 
 
Bless our churches Father.  Help us to have prayer at the center of our worship and activities.
 
I pray this in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
Amen
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: