Beautiful

Friday, September 11, 2015

You Can Control Your Feelings





Do you feel as though you can't control your feelings? Are your thoughts racing back and forth?  You feel like you just can't cope with all that is going on?  I know how that is.  I go through this a lot. 

When I make myself stop and think for a minute I realize that I am in charge of my thoughts.  I can change the subject.  Or make myself sit and relax for a minute.  Then I take a deep breath and get ahold of myself.  It is not always easy.  I have not always been able to do that.  There are still times when I forget.

Practice this technique when you feel the stress coming on and you feel that you don't know where to turn.  Just stop.  Stop.  Then take a deep breath and talk in a kind positive voice to yourself.  Then go ahead and do what you need to do.  You may not get it right every time but keep doing this.  You will see that it helps and that you are stronger than you think.

Have a great day!

No comments: